Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our Lady of Knock

Gonna try something a little different here. I liked this tune so much that I thought I should put it on the pipes!!This is my version of the tune Lady of Knock, a Marian hymn to Our Lady of Knock, written by Irish singer Dana Rosemary Scallon. The hymn is popular with some Irish Catholics, especially at funeral services. The song tells of the story of Knock in County Mayo, Ireland where there was an apparition of the Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph and St. John the Evangelist at the south gable of Knock Parish Church in 1879. I think it is a very pretty tune. What do you think.



A little blury, gotta work on my videography skills!!

Peter




1 comment:

  1. Great Job. I play the bagpipes and would love to get my hands on that sheet music. pjheraghty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete